Thursday, December 2, 2010

Final Post.....*sigh*

A silly little sestina...


The Language of Love

I cannot live without my piano,
Or even without any kind of music.
I learned my first song in the key of C
And no, I can’t play it for you
But if he asks, I might play it for him
Because he is the one I love.


He doesn’t know that he is the one I love.
Instead of me, the piano
Can tell him.
It’s easier to speak through music.
And let me tell you,
I can do it in the key of C.


With a song, hopefully he will see
That my love
Is not for you,
Or even for my piano,
Or even for my music,
But only for him.


The reason is him,
The reason I would cross the deep blue sea
And spend hours writing music
To express my love
On a baby grand piano
And sing “I only have eyes for you.”


It is for not you,
It is for him.
That I sit at my piano
And try to seize
Those perfect words, chosen out of love
That can only be spoken through the language of music.


Because only through music
Will I be able to tell you
That my love
For him
Reaches farther than I can see
But all I have is my piano.


The little black piano in the corner that plays the sweetest music
Is the only thing I see when I look at you,
Because it reminds me of him, the one I love.

2 comments:

  1. This was a good sestina. Personally, I have the hardest time with the ending, fitting all the words in the line few lines. I like how you've incorporated music in almost all your pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an awesome sestina! It didn't even seem forced, and that is hard for me to do with these types of things. Great job on sticking to the format, and on achieving a wonderful flow and rhythm through the poem. I loved the imagery and such :)

    ReplyDelete